What ARPAC Does for You
As a leading force in our nation's public policy debates the REALTORS® Political Action Committee is the only investment dedicated to furthering the interests of real estate professionals in our nation’s capital, state legislatures and city halls. Since its inception almost forty years ago, RPAC has worked to ensure that the real estate industry speaks with a unified voice, and continues to provide you with an influential political presence.
RPAC aggressively pursues the election and re-election of Candidates for local, state and federal office who stand up and support real estate professionals on key issues like these, as well as a long list of other issues critical to our future!
- Promoting home ownership across the economic spectrum
- Expanding the availability of health insurance for small businesses
- Keeping the federal government out of real estate regulation
- Improved congressional oversight of federal regulatory decisions
- Fostering a vibrant commercial real estate sector
- Dedicated to maintaining the Mortgage Interest Deduction
- Maintaining a level playing field by keeping banks out of the real estate brokerage and property management business
How ARPAC has benefited you:
- Saved each REALTOR® an average of $420 annually on additional telephone charges.
- No sales tax on commissions saved REALTORS® an average of $900 apiece.
- Saved each REALTOR® an average of $3,000 by helping defeat a sales tax on advertising.
- No state occupation tax in Arkansas saves each REALTOR® $100 annually.
- Your ARPAC contribution is a tax credit. Individual filers receive $50 back and joint filers get $100 on their Arkansas income taxes. So, why not send in a contribution today?
- Preventing an increase in the real estate transfer tax regardless of the purpose of an increase thus fostering affordable work force housing.
What we need is your support.
As important as it is to be involved in your local community, it is equally important that we, as REALTORS®, are involved at the state and federal levels of government as well. By participating in RPAC, your voice is heard collectively with hundreds of thousands of your colleagues across the country. RPAC provides you a seat at the table. If you don't get involved, you may face the prospect of bad legislation or a new set of crippling regulations. Getting involved is simple.
Whether you are a brand new member or a seasoned Veteran, RPAC offers a variety of giving levels so every REALTOR® can become involved in the political process.
RPAC Investor $25
$99 Club $99
Capitol Club $250
Dollar a Day $365
Major Donor Program
Sterling "R" $1,000
Crystal "R" $2,500
Golden "R" $5,000
Get involved by joining more than five hundred thousand of your colleagues nationwide who agree that RPAC is the best investment you can make to influence your profession's long term growth and the stability of the real estate industry.
Arkansas Individual Income Tax Political Contributions Credit
2009 NAR Legislative and Regulatory Accomplishments
2013 Legislative Summary